Supporting bipartisan solutions for a better America since 1931

Founding Philosophy

Founded in 1931, the Jefferson Islands Club was called the Playground of Presidents when Franklin Roosevelt and Harry Truman were members. Today, the Club encourages bipartisanship and national unity and undertakes significant conservation efforts to preserve historic St. Catherine’s Island, our rustic island retreat in the lower Potomac River, and its critical natural resources. 
The Jefferson Islands Club is a 501(c)(7) tax exempt social organization

4

Presidents who have been Club Members

90

Years of History and Tradition

45

Acres of St. Catherine's Island to Protect

100%

Committed to Bipartisan Solutions